CAT 2017 Application Form: कैट आवेदन फॉर्म, पंजीकरण – Common Admission Test (CAT) is one of those competitive entrance examination which is conducted for those candidates seeking admission into MBA and other management courses. This national level examination is conducted every year by the IIMS on regular basis for admission to 19 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and various B-schools located across the country. This year the examination is conducted by IIM, Lucknow. The authority has already released the CAT Notification 2017 on 30th July and therefore candidates who wish to pursue MBA programs from IIMs or top management colleges in the country can apply for the entrance soon. The process of filling the CAT Application Form 2017 is going to be started from 9th August and will be available till 20th September. Therefore in regards to more precise information on admission, CAT Exam Date etc go through the article below.
CAT 2017 Details
|CAT Syllabus||Click Here|
|CAT Previous Papers||Click Here|
|CAT Admit Card||Click Here|
CAT 2017 Notification
The exam control authority of Common Admission Test (CAT) has released the notification in regards to CAT 2017 which is going to be conducted on 26th November 2017 in two sessions. Therefore interested and eligible candidates must soon complete the process of CAT Registration 2017 date. Through the CAT Admission Process, the candidates will be offered admission into 20 IIMS and in more than 150 management schools across the country. The examination is going to be conducted on 26th November and thus this article will familiarize the candidate with CAT Eligibility and other necessary details.
CAT Exam Date
|Notification Releasing Date||30th July 2017|
|Registration start date||9th August 2017|
|Registration end date||20th September 2017|
|Correction window||October 2017|
|Admit Card Download Date||18th October 2017|
|CAT 2017 Exam Date||26th November 2017|
|Result Announcement Date||January 2018|
CAT Registration 2017
All the candidates who are seeking admission for management courses in IIMS and the top ranking colleges must go through below-mentioned points to complete the registration.
- Candidates are required to visit the official portal for the purpose of CAT Registration Process
- The registration is going to commence from 9th August and after the competition of registration, IIM will send the login credentials to candidates via SMS and email.
- After receiving the login credentials, the candidates have to log into the application window and fill up the CAT Online Application Form 2017 in the prescribed format.
- Candidates must upload scanned copy of their signature and photograph.
- Lastly, candidates need to make payment of application fee and complete the process. Payment can be done via net banking, credit card (Visa/Master/American Express)/ Debit card (Visa/Master).
- General/NC-OBC category- Rs. 1700
- SC/ST- Rs 850
CAT Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must possess bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD).
- If the candidate has obtained marks are in the form of CGPA then it would be converted to percentage marks based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where the candidate has passed his/her bachelor degree.
- Final Year candidates of bachelors degree whose results are awaiting are also eligible to apply for CAT.
As per the policy of Indian government, the seat reservation will be applicable for CAT as per the category and the seats are reserved as follows:
- Schedule Caste (SC) – 15% seats
- Schedule Tribe (ST) – 7.5% seats
- Non-Creamy – Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC) – 27% seats
- PWD Differently Abled (DA) candidates – 3% seats
CAT Exam Pattern
CAT is a computer based examination conducted for a duration of three hours carrying 100 objective type questions which include multiple choice and non-multiple choice questions. The number of questions in Verbal and Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Ability sections is same, i.e. 34, whereas the number of questions in Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning section is 32. Below we have discussed the IIMCAT Exam Pattern 2017 in a precise format.
|S.No.||Section||No. of MCQs||No. of Non-MCQs||Questions from each section||Time allotted to each section (minutes)|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC)||24||10||34||60|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||24||8||32||60|
|3||Quantitative Ability (QA)||27||7||34||60|
The candidates will receive 3 marks for every correct answer and minus 1 mark for each incorrect response. No marks will be provided or deducted for the unattempted question.
On the basis of the cut-off marks, IIMS and all other B Schools shortlists the candidates. All the shortlisted candidates are further called for Personal Interview (PI), Group Discussion (GD) and Written Ability Test (WAT). The CAT Admission Procedure will be done on the basis of overall score secured by the candidate in GD, PI and WAT. Apart from this the academic performance and work experience of the candidate is also taken into consideration. However, the selection process varies from B-schools to B-schools.
The syllabus of CAT is divided into 3 sections:
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Caselets and Tables
- Bar Graphs and Column Graphs
- Venn Diagrams
- Line Charts & Pie Chart
- Combination of two or more types linked to each other
- Number and Letter Series
- Calendars, Cubes and Clocks
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequence
- Blood Relations
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Synonyms Antonyms (Vocabulary Based)
- Grammar or English Usage
- Correction in Sentence
- Fill in the blanks
- Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage
- Analogies and Reverse Analogies
- Meaning/Usage Match
- Verbal Reasoning
- Summary Questions
- Reading Comprehension
- Facts Inferences Judgements
- Number Systems
- LCM & HCF
- Profit, Loss & Discount
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Time & Work
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Ratio & Proportion
- Quadratic & Linear Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences & Series
- Surds & Indices
- Probability, Permutation and Combination
- Set Theory
- Functions & Geometry
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration
CAT Admit Card
CAT 2017 Admit Card will be released by the exam conducting authority on 18th October 2017. Therefore all the CAT aspirants must download it and furnish it as the entry ticket at the examination center. Apart from this, a valid identity proof is also needed on the day of examination.
CAT 2017 Result will be declared in the tentatively in the month of January 2018. Thus the candidates can check their result through the official portal by providing details of their valid user ID and password.
All the aspirants of CAT 2017 can access the CAT Scorecard 2017 on the same day of the result announcement. The score card will be valid for a period of one year. Candidates can download it by logging into the portal.
CAT Cut Off
The IIMS will release their own CAT Cut off marks for obtaining admission. However, apart from obtaining the cut off marks, the past academic record, work experience also matters for admission purpose. Below you can check the average cut-off marks for IIMs.
Participating Institute of CAT 2017
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management Amritsar
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management Indore
- Indian Institute of Management Kashipur
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management Nagpur
- Indian Institute of Management Raipur
- Indian Institute of Management Ranchi
- Indian Institute of Management Rohtak
- Indian Institute of Management Shillong
- Indian Institute of Management Trichy
- Indian Institute of Management Udaipur
- Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam
- Indian Institute of Management, Jammu
- Indian Institute of Management, Sambalpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Sirmaur
Common Admission Test (CAT) is going to be conducted on 26th November 2017. The registration will be started in the month of august and the CAT Admit Card will be available in the month of October.
For the latest updates stay tuned to our portal. Incase of any feedback place your comments below.