NGS Scholarship 2019 is being awarded by National University of Singapore to the students who want to pursue Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program at NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering.
The NGS Research Scholarship is awarded to the young and talented aspirants for supporting them with an aptitude for innovative, high caliber PhD research. It’s a full-time program and to apply for NGS NUS Full Scholarship 2019, applicants must possess a Bachelors degree. Interested and eligible aspirants must apply online for the scholarship scheme by filling NGS Scholarship Application before the deadline 15/5/2019. To get more details of NGS Scholarship interview, eligibility, important dates, go through the article below.
NGS Super Scholarship 2019
|Scholarship Type||Full Paid|
|Subjects||Science, Engineering, Computing, Medicine|
|Country of study||Singapore|
All the graduates who possess a high passion for research are eligible to apply for NUS Graduate Scholarship. The NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS) is the home of cross-disciplinary PhD research and educational courses. With its intensive research programme offered under NGS PHD Scholarship 2019, students can receive research excellence and compete with the outer world at the best level.
NGS Super Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
In 2017 the Application form was available in between March to May while in 2018 It was available from 1st September to 15 December. So We expect the same this time also.
|Event||Tentative Date Range|
|Application start date||March Last Week or September 1st Week 2019|
|Application end date||May Last Week or December 3rd Week of 2019|
|NGS Scholarship 2019 Result Declaration||After three months from the closure of the application process|
NGS Scholarship 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Any graduate who has a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduate with at least 2nd Upper Honors, or equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum score of 85% for all the modules he has taken in the undergraduate course
- GRE is compulsory for all candidates.
- GRE compulsory for NUS and NTU masters students and graduates.
- GRE only waived for NUS, NTU and SUTD bachelor degree holders and final-year undergraduates
- TOEFL is compulsory for the applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English.
- Students are not eligible for the President’s Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- Award is renewable, subject to statisfactory academic performance of CAP≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
- Applicants doing Master programme at the point of application:
before matriculating in NGS for PhD at NGS
must have officialy completed the Master programme
must have been conferred the Master Degree
- Applicants who have submitted their Masters thesis only, but who
have not graduated officialy from the Master programme
have not been conferred the Masters programme, must therefore defer their admission (from matriculation to registration) into NGS, until the Masters degree has been officially awarded.
required to serve any bond after graduation from existing (be it Bachelor/ Masters) programme, and who intend to commence their NGS, PhD immediately after official graduation.
serving any bond at the point of application to NGS PhD should declare such information in the Questionnaire section of the application form.
Successful applicants should automatically, in their own intiative, apply for deferment of serving of the bond. The official memo documenting the approval of deferment of bond service should be submitted to NGS at least one month before matriculation into NGS PhD.
How to Apply NGS Scholarship 2019 Application
The application process for NGS Scholarship Singapore is applicable online and candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps-
There are 2 Part in this Process i.e.
- Online Application at Graduate Admission System
- Online Questionnaire – Compulsory
Online Application at Graduate Admission System
- Candidate must apply online by clicking Here
- After It He/ She must enter all the mandatory details.
- Thereafter, please print out your completed application form sign the form.
- Combine the duly completed and signed form with your supporting documents
- Then applicants also need to upload all the required documents which are Listed below.
- Here Please ensure all is proper and complete before you “Submit” your online application.
- Applicants must compile all the documents in a single PDF file and The PDF compilation to be emailed to email@example.com– refer back to Supporting Documents above
- The Hard Copy must be send to the following address and Please indicate NGS Scholarship on the top of the envelope.
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences & Engineering (NGS)
University Hall, Tan Chin Tuan Wing
Level 04, #04-02
21 Lower Kent Ridge
Republic of Singapore
Online Questionnaire – Compulsory
- Now You need to complete a critical Google Questionnaire, in a single sitting
- If it is not accessable, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your NGS’ PhD application number, and your full name.
Thus, Must Note that “Your application will be only considered COMPLETE after you submit your PDF dossier, submit your hardcopy package, submit your Questionnaire returns. An d all BEFORE the application deadline.
Documents to be uploaded
- Two Academic Referee Reports
- Statement of Purpose of at least two pages on A4-size paper
- Research Proposal of at least two pages on A4-sze paper
- A copy of Masters/ Bachelors Degree Transcript and Certificates with English Translation.
- Copy of Publication.
- Personal CV.
- Document of funds specifying self-financing, in case, the applicant has not been able to get the scholarship.
- For Singaporean Citizens, the copy of NRIC or Citizenship certificate/ re-entry permit. Singaporean
NGS Scholarship 2019 Selection Process
The results are declared after three months from the closure of application process. All the shortlisted applicants will be notified via email or phone. The shortlisted applicants must further proceed to NGS Scholarship Interview round. The interview usually conducted in the period Aug intake will be in Dec/ Jan; Jan intake will be June/ July.
NGS Super Scholarship Awards
The NGS Scholarship Terms and Conditions are discussed below
- Candidates will be offered a monthly stipend of S$ 3,000 for international student up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier.
- Full tuition fee subsidies for 4 years are available.
- Other allowances include computer allowance, book allowance, and conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD course from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
For more updates on NGS NUS Scholarship 2019, stay tuned to our portal regularly. You can also check here India’s Top Scholarship Exam Program