AICTE JK Scholarship 2024 (आल इंडिया कौंसिल फॉर टेक्निकल एजुकेशन स्कालरशिप) Prime Minister Special Scholarship’s Scheme(PMSSS) commonly known as AICTE JK Scholarship is released for providing scholarship to the young and eligible candidates of Jammu and Kashmir for pursuing undergraduate courses in General as well as Engineering Department.
The AICTE JK Scholarship Scheme is an endeavour to promote higher education among the students of Jammu and Kashmir. Therefore interested candidates must apply for the scholarship program online by filling out the AICTE JK Scholarship Form before the last date. In regards to more details about eligibility, fee, AICTE JK Scholarship Renewal and other related information go through the article below.
AICTE JK Scholarship 2024
All India Council for Technical Education under the rules of the Ministry of Human Resource Development has released the notification of the AICTE JK Scholarship 2024. The aim of this scheme is to provide higher education among the students of Jammu and Kashmir and boost the employment opportunities among them. The authority has already released the Online Registration date for PMSSS Scholarship 2024, therefore interested applicants must proceed further for the AICTE JK Scholarship Registration process soon before the last date. However as per the quota prescribed there is an internal reservation in AICTE PMSSS Scholarship, for the candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC Category and in the case of the Physically Handicapped there includes a 3% reservation.
- Candidates having domicile of Jammu & Kashmir and passed 12th examination from J&K Board or CBSE affiliated schools located in J&K in the academic year 2024-25 or 2023-24 only.
- Having a family income of Rs. 8.00 Lakh or less per annum.
- Candidates who want to take admission under the Lateral Entry Scheme have to pass a Diploma in Engineering from the Polytechnic Institutes recognized by J&K directorate of technical education during AY not earlier than 2023-24. Admission under Lateral Entry Scheme will be subject to vacant seats available during the academic year 2024-25 in Engineering Stream only.
- A common merit list will be prepared for candidates who register themselves on the portal of AICTE for allotment of seats during counselling for academic year 2024-25.
Not Eligible For Scholarship
- Not applied through online registration on AICTE portal.
- Admission to the course is through management Quota.
- Absent during counselling.
- courses offered by open university.
- Admission through agents/ NGOs.
- Availing benefit from other govt./ Non-govt. scheme
- Pursuing any diploma / Post graduate programme.
- Joined a college other than those in AICTE portal.
AICTE JK Scholarship Registration Form 2024
Candidates must apply for the JK Scholarship AICTE program by filling out the AICTE JK Scholarship Online Form through its official website. The Application Process is divided into a number of subsequent steps which is discussed below.
- Candidates must register themselves on the website by providing details of their email id and mobile number. A confirmation mail will be sent to the registered id and candidates need to click on link mentioned in the mail to confirm the registration.
- Every Student will be required to give preferences/choices of colleges.
- After registration, applicants must proceed further for the document verification process where he/she needs to bring their certificates and documents for the purpose of verification.
- Students will be selected for the scholarship strictly on merit basis. Candidates will be alloted their seats only through AICTE JK Scholarship Counselling process.
- Candidates would be required to upload the following documents:
a)Passport Size photograph (200 x 230 pixels – preferred) b)Scanned Signature (140 x 60 pixels – preferred)
c)Domicile certificate issued by J&K Government
e)Family income certificate (Issued by Tehsildar or equivalent)
f) Bank Details of student : Students individual account (joint account/no frill account/inoperative account, parents account, joint account is not valid)
h)Category certificate (issued by the Competent Authority of the State Government)
i) Persons with Disabilities (PwD) must upload Disability Certificate.(40% and above)
j) Candidates who are already availing the benefits of PMSSS are not eligible to apply.
- Student is required to give preference of the course which he / she intend to pursue i.e. General or Professional or Medical stream.
- General Stream includes admission to B.A./ B.Com./ B.Sc./ B.Sc.(Hon.)/ BBA/ BCA etc.
- Professional courses include B.E./B.Tech. / B. Pharmacy /B. Architecture/Hotel Management & Catering Technology/ B.Sc.(Nursing).
- Medical Streams include MBBS / B.D.S./BAMS and Allied Medicinal Courses.
- Bank details seeded with AADHAR to be submitted at the time of registration to be verified by the Facilitation Center.
(i)Upload scanned copy of AADHAR Card of the Student (if any) (ii) Upload scanned copy of the first two pages of Bank Passbook/Cancelled cheque clearly indicating following:
(i) Name of Accounts Holder
(ii) Name and Address of the Bank
(iii) Saving Bank Account No.
(iv) IFSC Code and MICR Code
Note: Saving Bank Account should be seeded with AADHAR Number and in the name of the bonafide student only. Candidates may note that Bank Accounts should not be a “No-frill Account” /Minor Account, Parents’ Account /Non-Operative account, joint account etc
Document required for verification
- X, XII Marksheet
- Personal details Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Annual Income Certificate issued by competent authority showing the total family income for the financial year
- Good quality Image of a scanned photograph in with size greater than 10 KB and should not exceed 200 KB
- Good Quality Image of a scanned signature with size greater than 10 KB and should not exceed 50 KB
- Allotment of all the seats will be done through online counseling only.
- No admission will be allowed in any circumstances without participation in online counselling and colleges available for choice filling.
- List of Institutions / Universities where admissions offered would be prepared and will be displayed in candidate’s login for choice filling. Eligible candidates under the Scheme are directed to choose the courses from these Institutions/ Universities only. It may be noted that “No Scholarship” will be paid to the candidates who take admission in other than the list of Institutions/ Universities available on the portal of AICTE except MBBS/ BDS /allied medicinal courses/Central/State Govt. for which supernumerary quota is not available.
- Merit list of candidates based on the marks obtained in CBSE/J&K Board will be displayed well before the first round of counselling result.
AICTE JK Scholarship Date 2024
You can check below the details of the AICTE JK Scholarship Date below
|Portal Opening Dates
|Portal Closing Dates
- General stream – 5000 candidates
- Engineering stream- 2830 candidates
AICTE JK Scholarship Reward 2024
Applicants selected for JK Scholarship 2024 will get the following benefit
- Candidates will be provided the following limits in the Tuition Fee
- General degree courses- Rs 30,000/-
- Engineering/ nursing/ pharmacy/ architecture/ HMCT degree- Rs 1.25 lakhs per annum
- Medical degree- MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS- Rs 3 lakhs per annum
Hostel and other maintenance charges – The hostel fee of amount Rs 1lakh will be provided to the students in two installments each of Rs 50,000.
A total of 5000 scholarship will be provided, which includes
- General degree- 2070
- Engineering degree- 2830
- Medical/BDS- 100
The reservation norms as prescribed for the State of J&K in respect of SC, ST and Socially and Economically Backward Classes (SEBC) are followed for providing scholarship under the Scheme. The break-up is given below:-
- SC – 8%
- ST – 11%
- Gujjar & Backward
- Leh District
- Kargil District
- Other ST
- Socially and Economically backward classes-25%
- Weak & under privileged classes/social caste (OCS)
- Resident of backward area (RBA)
- Resident of adjoining actual line of control (ALC)
The scholarship will be provided to the candidates depending on the duration of the course and as per the maintenance of good conduct and attendance in the academic record.
For more updates keep visiting our portal and we will also update you about Upcoming Scholarship exams.