JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2024: JEE Main will be held twice a year from year 2024 as per new rules prescribed by National Testing Agency (NTA). The official authority of NTA will commence the JEE Main Application Form in the month of September for the January session examination and for the April session examination; the application form will be released in the month of December.
All interested candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the JEE Main 2024. Applicants who will satisfy the JEE Main Admission Criteria will be considered for admission into IITs, NITs, CFTIs, IIITs and other private engineering colleges. Students should not try unfair means to get falsely eligible. The JEE Main Eligibility Criteria is normally general for all students, with modifications in conditions for reserved categories.
Here we have provided detailed information about the JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria:
- Basic Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should be citizens of India.
- OCIs/PIOs/ NRIs and Foreign national candidates will be also eligible for JEE Main.
- The maximum no of attempts for JEE Main will be 3 times.
- Aadhar Card is mandatory to appear in JEE Main, without authentication of Aadhar card; no one can proceed for the next steps.
- Age Criteria
- Candidates must have born on or after 1 October 1999.
- For SC/ST/ PwD candidates, there will be age relaxation of 5 years. Candidates who born on or after October 1, 1991 can apply for JEE Main.
- Date of birth mentioned in the Secondary Education Board/ University certificate will be valid.
- Qualification Criteria
- Students who will appear in class 12th or equivalent exam in the year 2024 can apply for JEE Main.
- 2020/2021, 12th passed out students will be also eligible.
- Candidates must have subjects such as Physics, Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject, Mathematics, English and one optional subject in 10+2 or equivalent qualifying exam.
- Students should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized board or state board.
- No passing criteria or percentage is fixed for appearing in the exam.
- Diploma holders can also apply for JEE Main 2024 Application Form.
- Candidates who appeared in the 12th exam in 2023 but failed in that year and again appeared in 2022 and passed in 2023 will not be considered as eligible candidates.
- Admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs
- To get admission in government engineering colleges like NITs, IITs, IIITs, CFTIs etc, must obtained 75% minimum aggregate in class 12th.
- Candidates can either be in top 20 percentile in the respective board.
- For reserved categories candidates, a minimum 65% aggregate in marks is required to get NIT, IIIT & CFTI etc engineering colleges.
Note: JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria will be the same for dropper students. To know more about JEE Main Eligibility Criteria, Click Here. Check the procedure to fill out the JEE Main Application Form.
Official Website: JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2024