JEE Main Application Form 2022: Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a national level examination conducted for students who want to take admission in the field of engineering. It has been formed by two separate examinations – JEE Main 2022 and JEE Advanced. To get admission into various IITs, NITs, CFTIs and other engineering colleges of the country students have to qualify for both JEE Main & JEE Advanced exams. JEE Main Registration will start from the month of December. Interested and Eligible candidates can apply for the JEE Main 2022.
JEE Main 2022: Important Dates
|Events||Dates For January 2022 (Expected)||Dates For April 2022|
|JEE main application form||1st September 2021||February 2022 2nd week|
|Correction||Sept. 2021 2nd/3rd week||Feb. 20223rd/4th week|
|A mock test will be available||Sept. 2021 Last week||February 2022 Last week|
|Form submission Last Date||Last Week Sept. 2021||Feb. 2022 Last week|
|Exam date||1st to 3rd Week January 2022||7th – 21st April 2022|
|JEE Main Result||February 2022 1st week||May 2022 1st week|
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Indian citizen/PIOs/OCIs/NRI and Foreign national candidates can apply for JEE Main.
- Should be born on or after 01.10.1996 for General/OBC candidates. For SC/ST/ PWD Categories, 5 years relaxation in age.
- Candidates who will appear in the 12th or equivalent exam in 2022 can apply for JEE Main. 2022 Passed out candidates can also apply for the same.
- Diploma Holders or final year students of Diploma will be eligible for this exam.
Note: For more detailed information about JEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria, candidates can check here.
JEE Main 2022 Application Form: Apply Online
- Aadhaar Card/ Identity Proof Authentication
- Visit the official site of JEE Main i.e. https://jeemain.nic.in
- Click on the link activated for “Apply for JEE (Main) – 2022”.
- It will redirect to the next page. Again click on “Apply for JEE (Main) – 2022”.
- Read all the instructions carefully and then tick on the Declaration checkbox.
- Click on “Proceed to Apply Online”.
- The Aadhaar Card authentication page will appear on the screen, enter all the required details according to your ID proof or Aadhar card.
- Click on the “I Agree” checkbox and then click on the “Submit” button.
- Fill the Application Form
- Keep all the necessary documents together while filling the application form.
- Fill the application form in the given order Exam details, Personal details, Academic details, Contact details, Parent’s / Guardians details.
- Set password, security question with answer and enter the security pin and then click on the “Next” button.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen to review the page. Candidates can click on either “Edit Application Form” or “Submit” as per their requirement.
- At last verify mobile no. & Mail Id by entering the code sent to the candidate’s registered mail id or mobile no.
- Upload Images
- The next process is to upload the images like Photograph, Signature & Thumb impression.
- Click on “Upload scanned Images” button.
- The photo must be clicked with the name & date of taking also.
- Photograph should be colored or black &white with white/blue background
- A photo should be clicked without a hat/caps/goggles but spectacles will be allowed.
- Signature & thumb impression should be taken on white paper.
- Check the detailed information about the size and dimension of images to be uploaded in the table given below.
|1.||Photograph||4 – 40 KB||3.5 (width) x 4.5 (height)||jpg/jpeg|
|2.||Signature & Thumb Impression||1 – 30KB||3.5 (width) x 1.5 (height)||jpg/jpeg|
You May Also Like: JEE Main Syllabus
- Fee Payment
- After uploading images, candidates must pay the fee before the last date.
- To pay the fee, click on “Pay Examination Fee.”
- Click on “Go for Fee Payment”. Payment can be done through payment gateway (Debit card/ Credit card/Paytm/SBI Buddy Mobile wallet) or e-challan in any of bank Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank.
- Select the option for payment as per your choice.
- Click on button “Proceed for Payment”, after completion of transactions, it will show a message on the screen.
- For e-challan, take the print of generated e-challan from the website and submit it to the nearest branch of specified banks.
- After payment process, choose the examination date & slot for online mode examination.
- At last, take the print of Application form for future use. To print the form, click on the “Print Acknowledgement Page”.
- Take a look over the application fee table given below:
|Paper||Online mode||Offline mode|
JEE (Main) Paper 1 / JEE( Main)
|Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-||Rs.1000/-||Rs.500/-|
Both JEE (Main) Paper-1 & Paper-2
|Rs. 1300/-||Rs. 650/-||Rs.1800/-||Rs.900/-|
*Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech) & Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)
Official Website: JEE Main Application Form 2022