NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023: NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test it is a national level medical entrance test. Newly-formed National Testing Agency (NTA) announced the dates for January session exam and it will soon release the official notification containing NEET Eligibility Criteria. NEET 2023 seats are divided into 15% All India Quota and 85% State level Quota. No major changes are expected so in this article we are including all the criteria which will help you to check your Eligibility. We are including NEET Age Criteria, Marks, Changes, and relaxation for OBC/ SC-ST.
All the Candidates need to fulfill NEET UG Eligibility Criteria which are listed below. If candidates found not eligible for it, their Application Form will be rejected.
1. NEET 2023 Eligibility for 15% All India Quota
- Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians, Overseas Citizen of India, Persons of Indian Origin and Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota (AIQ) Seats.
- In this Candidates will get seat allotted in Deemed Universities, Central Universities, AFMC Colleges, and ESIC Colleges. Candidates from J&K who filled a self-declaration form will be also eligible for this quota.
2. NEET 2021 Eligibility for 85% State level Quota
- If a candidate is applying for in-State admission into State Government Medical Colleges/universities then They can get admission in these 85% quotas, Seats in this quota will be allotted according. Only Counselling will be conducted for these 85% State level quotas by the government colleges of the states/union territories.
- To be eligible for State-level Quota candidates have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria of these Universities/Counselling/College or admission announced laid by the authorities concerned.
- Some states and union territory will also require the domicile prove of the candidates.
3. NEET 2023 Age Criteria
- To Appear in NEET 2023, Candidates must fulfill minimum age of 17 years as on December 31, 2021, or Candidates must be born on or before January 1, 2003. Candidates from unreserved category must not be more than 25 years of age.
- There is 5-year relaxation for the reserved category or PwD candidates. In this case, Candidates from SC/ST/OBC or PwD Candidates must not be more than 30 years of age.
4. NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023: Qualifying Exams and Marks
- All Interested candidate must have passed in 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually.
- Candidates from unreserved category must score a minimum of 50% marks aggregate and individually in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually in HSC or 12th.
- Candidates from SC/ST or OBC category must score 40% marks in 12th/HSC. with subjects same above.
- Candidates with the lower limbs-locomotors disability, a minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% for SC/ST/OBC-PH are required with subjects same above.
5. NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 Number of Attempts and Extra criteria
- Candidates Who have a gap year in their education will be also Eligible for NEET 2023.
- There is no maximum number of attempts fixed for the NEET 2023. This cap was removed from NEET 2018 so it will not return in the next NEET exam also.
- Candidates who completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects and Biology/Biotechnology as an additional subject will be also eligible for NEET 2023.
If You find yourself eligible for the NEET You can Fill the NEET 2023 Application Form. These Eligibility Criteria are based on previous NEET Notification and MCI, But as you know there are some Changes in NEET 2023. So these criteria can also be changed in the future. So we have to wait until the final notification and announcement.