MICAT 2019: Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA), Ahmedabad conducts the MICA Admission Test (MICAT) twice in one year. This entrance test will be organized to provide admission to PGDM-C (Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications) course.
Applicants who appeared in MICAT test two times, then the best of both exam scores will be accepted. Candidates must have to take any one of these exams CAT/ XAT/ GMAT to appear in the admission test held by MICA. The official authority of MICA will release the MICA Application Form through online mode. Here we are sharing the basic information with you. You are advised to go through the article to get all the details about MICA Admission Test.
MICAT Exam 2019: Details
|Name of Exam||MICA Admission Test|
|Common / Popular Name||MICAT|
|Conducted By||MICA, Ahmedabad|
|Type of Exam||National-level Test|
|Mode of Examination||Online (computer-based test)|
MICAT 2019 Important Dates
Check the expected exam dates of MICA Admission 2019 here.
|EVENTS||DAYS AND DATES|
|MICAT – I Registration opens||Thursday, August 23, 2018|
|MICAT – I Registration closes||Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 11:50 pm|
|Issue of MICAT- I Call Letters/Admit Card||Monday, November 26, 2018|
|MICAT – I||Saturday, December 01, 2018|
|MICAT -I Score||Tuesday, December 18, 2018|
|MICAT – II Registration opens||Thursday, December 20, 2018|
|MICAT – II Registration closes||Wednesday, January 30, 2019. at 11:50pm|
|Issue of MICAT- II Call Letters/Admit Card||Monday, February 04, 2019|
|MICAT – II||Saturday, February 09, 2019|
|MICAT – II Score||Tuesday, February 19, 2019|
|GE & PI Shortlist||Tuesday, February 19, 2019|
|GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata||Thursday-Saturday, March 7, 8 & 9, 2019|
|GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||Tuesday & Wednesday, March 12 & 13, 2019|
|GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai||Saturday-Monday, March 16, 17 & 18, 2019|
|Final results||Monday, March 25, 2019|
MICAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- There is no age criterion for candidates who will give the MICA entrance examination.
- Candidates must have passed (10+2+3) bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or institutes.
- Foreign candidates can also apply but they must have valid passport.
- Candidates appearing for the final examination of any Bachelor’s degree will be eligible for the MICAT.
- Applicants having valid score card of CAT 2019/ XAT 2019 or GMAT can also apply for this entrance test.
MICAT 2019 Application Form
Candidates who want to appear in the MICA admission test can apply online. The application form will be available on the official site of MICA. The official authority will commence the MICAT Registration Form in the month of January.
Check the following steps to fill the application form:-
- Go to the official portal of MICA.
- Click on PGDM-C.
- First register yourself by clicking on the button “New Registration”.
- Then login in to the account with the details required and then click on the option “Go to Application Form”.
- Fill the application form with other personal details, educational details, address, etc.
- Upload the clear & recent scanned photograph.
- Pay Rs.1965/- as application fee through online mode such as net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
MICAT 2019 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Online (computer-based test)|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 45 minutes|
|No of Centers||39|
|Type of Questions||Subjective & Objective both|
|No of Sections||3|
|Marking Scheme||-0.25 marks deducted for each incorrect response in section 2|
MICAT Entrance Exam Syllabus
|Section-I||Descriptive Test||Creative writing skills will be checked.|
|Verbal Ability||Visual Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, Statement-Conclusions, Word Combination, etc.|
|Quantitative Ability||Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Numbers, Trigonometry, Set Theory|
|General Awareness||National & International current affairs, Sports news, Politics, Science & Research, Indian constitution, Literature, History, Geography, Economics etc|
|Divergent-Convergent Reasoning||Visual Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, Sequence and Series, Word Association, Statement- Assumption|
|Section-III||Psychometric Test||In this section, candidate’s behavior will be checked. Candidates have to describe their behavior in the best way by selecting any one of the given options.|
MICAT Previous Year Paper
The previous year question’s paper gives the overview of the questions asked in the MICA admission test. Students can get the MICAT Sample Paper from the official site and practice it to get good score in the entrance exam. Students must try to attempt mock test for better performance in the exam and also to improve the speed and accuracy.
- Read only the best author/ publication books.
- Go through the complete syllabus.
- Read Newspaper on regular basis.
- Practice previous year paper.
- Eat healthy food and sleep well.
MICAT 2019 Admit Card
MICAT Hall Ticket will be available on the official website. Candidates who will register themselves successfully, can download their admit card. It will be mandatory to carry the admit card while appearing for the exam.
Follow the given below steps to download the admit card
- Visit the MICA website
- Click on the link given to download the MICA Admit Card.
- Enter the asked details like User Id & password and click on the login button.
- After login into the account, Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Take the print of hall ticket in order to get entry in the examination hall.
MICAT Result 2019
The result of entrance exam will be declared through online mode only. All candidates who will appear in the exam can see the MICAT Score Card from the official websites.
Go through the following steps to access the result
- Visit the MICA official portal.
- Click on the courses PGDM-C
- Click on the link available there to download the result.
- Login to the user account and then submit it.
- The result will be appeared on the screen.
- Download it and take the print for further use.
To be eligible for the further round i.e. GE or PI rounds, candidates will have to obtain the minimum score decided by the MICA. MICAT Cutoffs will be decided on the various aspects like previous year cutoff, seats availability, no of candidates appeared in the exam, difficulty level of question paper etc.
MICAT 2019 Merit List
Candidates who gave both MICAT exams, the better score of the two will be considered for the admission into MICAT. On the basis of CAT/ XAT/ GMAT score, MICAT score or can say Psychometric test marks, the official authority of MICA will prepare the MICAT Merit List. Candidates, whose name will be listed in the prepared merit list, will be called for Group Exercise & Personal Interview rounds.
Candidates will get admission to MICA on the basis of final merit list. Students will be selected for the admission in accordance to the weightage given below
Official Website: MICAT 2019