IMU CET 2019 mentioned to the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test which is all India level examination. It is conducted by IMU (Indian Maritime University) for various Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses in the field of Marine Engineering.
It is the only university to offer the marine engineering courses in India in Government Sector. The Degrees which are awarded by IMU are B.Tech, M.Tech, BSc, MSc, BBA, MBA, etc. at the IMU Campuses and affiliated Colleges.
This university has six campuses all over India namely: Mumbai, Vishakhapatnam, Cochin, Chennai, Kandla Port and Kolkata. Kindly go through the complete article to get detailed information about IMU CET Application Form and other events.
IMU CET 2019 Important Dates
- IMU CET 2019 Important Dates
- IMU CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- 1. Age:
- 2. Qualification Eligibility:
- 3. Other Eligibility Criteria
- IMU CET 2019 Application Form
- IMU CET 2019 Exam Pattern
- IMU CET 2019 Syllabus
- Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test Syllabus For UG Courses:
- 2. For PG Courses:
- IMU CET Sample Papers
- IMU CET 2019 Preparation Tips
- IMU CET Admit Card Download
- IMU CET Result 2019
- IMU CET 2019 Counselling
IMU will release the notification for IMU CET on the official website. In this section, we have revised the IMU CET 2019 Schedule based on previous year exam schedules:
IMU CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The authority of IMU sets some criteria for admission in various UG & PG courses available in six campuses of University. Applicant must follow the IMU CET Eligibility Criteria 2019 before appearing for the exam.
- Minimum age limit should be 17 years & maximum will be 25 years as on 17 July 2019.
- For SC/ST category there will be an easing of % years.
2. Qualification Eligibility:
For UG Courses
|B-Tech/BSc(Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Ocean engineering, nautical Science)||10+2 with minimum passing marks 60% in PCM and 50% marks in English in 10th/12th.|
|DNS program leading to BSc (Nautical Science)||10+2 with PCM 60% marks.|
For Post Graduate
M.Tech(Marine Technology and Management,
Naval Architecture and Ocean engineering)
|Passed Marine engineering/Mechanical/Civil Engineering (for Naval Architecture) with minimum 60% aggregate in Bachelors.|
|MBA(Port and Shipping Management, Logistics Transportation)||Passed degree in any discipline. 50% marks aggregate and 50% marks in English for both under graduation and 10+2|
3. Other Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be physically fit with medical requirements specified by DSG guidelines.
- The Applicant must have a good Binocular vision with both eye 6/6 visions.
IMU CET 2019 Application Form
IMU CET Application form will commence from the first week of April and will last up to May. For BBA, the last date of submission of form will be June. It will be filled up through online mode only.
- Application Fees can be paid by both online mode (Net banking/Credit Card or Debit Card) and offline Mode through Bank Challan.
- Fee for the various category are different:
|Gen, OBC||Rs. 1000/-|
Steps To Apply for IMU CET Registration Form:
- Applicant should visit the website of IMU i.e. imu.edu.in.
- Go to the link given in announcement section ‘Online CET 2018 for UG/PG programmes & click on it.
- It will redirect to next page. Click on the given link “CLICK here”.
- Again redirect to next page. Register on the site as a new user.
- Remember your login details and log in again.
- Once you register, start filling the application form with personal detail, education qualification, upload your scanned mark sheet, upload your recent passport size photo, signature, etc.
- Once you complete this got the fee option.
- Choose the mode online or offline.
- Pay the fees online or choose option Bank Challan.
- After this just cross verify the details carefully before submitting the form.
- Then click on the submit button.
- Once you submit the form, don’t forget to take out the print of the IMU Application Form and fee receipt in case of the online payment or take print of bank Challan in case of offline payment mode.
IMU CET 2019 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern will be decided by the authority of IMU. The exam pattern will help the student to know the level of the question, time duration, marking schemas, exam mode etc. Applicants should check IMU CET Exam Pattern before appearing for the exam.
|Type of Questions||Objective|
|Time Duration||180 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||1 Mark for Each Question.|
IMU CET 2019 Syllabus
IMU CET 2019 Syllabus will vary according to the various courses offered by the University. Here we are providing the syllabus of IMU exam according to the different course.
Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test Syllabus For UG Courses:
English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
2. For PG Courses:
- MBA/ MSc–Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
- M.Tech- English, Mathematics and one of Mechanical Engineering/Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering/ Civil Engineering.
IMU CET Sample Papers
The next thing is to know how much you before the exam. Once you start solving IMU CET Sample Papers it will give you the idea of what topics you are good at and bad at. So that you can give more time on weak topics to make them strong before the exams. It will help you to give to cover the topics which are not given in the book. After that, you can slowly shift to online Mock test which gives you the idea where you stand. As practice makes a man perfect, the IMT CET Online Mock Test will give you a good practice before the final exam.
IMU CET 2019 Preparation Tips
The following preparation tips are revised for 2019:
- Once you fill the form, start making the strategy for the covering the entire syllabus as without covering the whole syllabus you can’t score well.
- Time Management is very important so don’t waste time in Unnecessary things.
- Divide the syllabus into the hard and easy topics. Give the appropriate time to the topics like hard will need more and easy will need less time.
- Speed and accuracy will always help you to score extra marks.
- Make your own notes. Follow Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test Preparation Tips.
- Do not give up your eating habits for the exam, it will degrade your performance keep yourself healthy and drink lots of water.
IMU CET Admit Card Download
You can download the Admit Card from the website of the IMU i.e. www.imu.edu.in. IMU CET Hall Ticket is already available from 16th May. After downloading it, Take a print out and Read the Instruction and follow them during the exam. Candidates are advised to keep the admit card very carefully because they will need it in the counselling procedure.
IMU CET Result 2019
The IMU Common Entrance Exam Result will be available in June on the official website of IMU i.e. www.imu.edu.in. On the basis of CET score, candidates will be selected for further admission procedure. Candidates can check IMU CET Result through online mode and authority will also notify candidates through E-Mail and SMS.
|Online CETs June 2019 Results|
The Answer Key will be available on the internet with the week after the exam is done. The IMU CET Rank List will be available after the result just before the counseling. Candidates will be informed by the notification, Email or SMS. The rank in the list will be the key factor in seat Allotment.
IMU CET 2019 Counselling
The counselling will be conducted after the release of Rank List. The shortlisted candidates will have to pay Rs. 10000/- Before filling the IMU CET Choice Filling form. The counselling in this exam is an online procedure. After the choice filling, the seat will be allotted to all the eligible candidates. Candidates have to check there IMU Seat allotment Result, If the seat is allotted to them they have to pay Non-refundable Rs. 25000/- as programme fee. After it, they have to report to the allotted college/ institute for the further admission procedure.
Official Website: IMU CET 2019