IIT JAM Counselling 2018
IIT JAM Counselling 2018: IIT JAM- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT-B) is going to conduct the Joint admission test for M.Sc programme, named as JAM. The exam of the JAM was conducted in the month of Feb. The IIT JAM exam 2018 is held online for admission regarding postgraduate (PG) science programmes including the combined degree of Ph. D, M.Sc-Ph.D or dual degree and other bachelor degree program accord at IISc Bangalore and the other IITs. After the result, IIT JAM Counselling is the next big thing to get the admission.
IIT JAM Counselling 2018 Details
|Name of the exam||Joint admission test for M.Sc|
|Common Name||IIT JAM|
|Type of the exam||Postgraduate|
|Level of the examination||University level|
|Total number of institute participating||16|
|Total programmes offered||20|
|Total no. of seats||1800(approx)|
IIT JAM Counselling 2018
For those candidates who are applying for the IIT JAM Counselling have to know the scheduled i.e. when and where what the events are going to be held and where have the candidate to report in order to that we provided all the details regarding the IIT JAM Counselling Schedule
Candidates are required to participate in JAM counseling is they qualified in the JAM exam.
- For those candidates who are interested in JAM can fill the admission form between 3rd April to 17th April 2018, through the authority online application interface.
- Candidates can get their documents which are defective and upload the correct document till 17th April 2018, for the counseling process.
- Post JAM advising 2018 process, IIT Bombay will report the main affirmation list for JAM 2018 on May 22, 2018, in light of which hopefuls will be offered situates and can apply for their respective IIT’s.
- Subsequently, IIT Bombay will declare the second affirmation list for 12th June 2018, for confirmations by different applicants who wish to apply to their respective IITs and IISc Bangalore.
- The third and final admission list regards the IIT JAM Seat allotment will be announced on 29th June 2018 in view of which hopefuls will be offered the rest of the seats and apply to their individuals IITs.
IIT JAM Admission 2018
The last date for IIT JAM Admission is held on the month of April. The candidates who clear the exam have to see their names in the declaration list which is released by the counseling members. The IIT JAM Admission Dates is provided below the table.
|Application form Submission||3rd April to 17th April 2018|
|Last date to request for the change in category or proof of the category||17th April 2018|
|Declaration of the first admission list||22nd May 2018|
|Declaration of the second admission list||12th June 2018|
|Final Admission list declaration||29th June 2018|
|Closing of the admission||5th July 2018|
IIT JAM Counselling 2018: Required Documents
When the counseling is held for the IIT JAM candidates are required to bring the original documents for the verification of the details which they have filled during the counseling. The Documents required during IIT JAM Counselling is provided below.
- 10th certificate
- 12th certificate
- IIT JAM scorecard
- Certify degree: candidates are required to bring the mark sheet of all semesters and if the candidate is in final year then mark sheet is required till there last semester.
- Certificate of nationality for general category: nationality certificate which is issued by the authorized government agency, college/school transfer certificate, and the first page of the passport, birth certificate, voter ID
- Valid document for OBC, ST, SC, and PWD certificate.
- IIT JAM hall tickets
IIT JAM Counselling 2018 Dates
For those candidates who were applying for the IIT JAM Counselling know the examination dates. For that simplification, we provided here detail regards IIT JAM Counselling Dates. Candidate can follow this dates for knowing the schedule.
|Exam Name||IIT Joint Admission Test for M.Sc 2019|
|Conducted by||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay|
|Starting date of the application||5th September 2018|
|Last date for submitting the application & uploading of the documents||10th October 2018|
|Last date for paying the application fee||10th October 2018|
|Hall Ticket release date||9th January 2019|
|Date for the Joint admission test for M.Sc.||11th February 2019|
|Available of the answer key||Feb 2019|
|Declaration of the result||20th March 2019|
IIT JAM Counselling 2018 Fee
The Online Counselling Form for M.Sc programmes will be accessible from the 5th September 2018, in online mode. Candidates need to enroll online first and then they can apply for the IIT JAM 2018. The last date to fill the application form is 10th October, 2018. Candidates are required to pay the fees for IIT JAM Counselling form. The detail regarding the fee for the IIT JAM seat allotment is provided below:-
|General||Rs 1500/- for one paper|
Rs 2100/- for two paper
|ST||Rs 750/- for one paper|
Rs 1050/- for two test papers
|OBC||Rs 1500/- for one paper|
Rs 2100/- for two test papers
|SC||Rs 750/- for one paper|
Rs 1050/- for two test paper
|Female(for all categories)||Rs 750/- for one paper|
Rs 1050/- for two papers
|PwD||Rs 750/- for one paper|
Rs 1050/- for two test papers
Counselling is an important part of getting admission in a preferred course. Follow all the guidelines and fill all the details carefully to get a good result of counselling. Don’t forget to apply for counselling in due dates.
Official Link: IIT JAM Counselling 2018